People often think, how can I, as one person, make a dent in the world’s problems? Well, I’ve found change starts with one person here making a difference in the life one person somewhere else.
The first step is to get involved. Just take one positive step. Many small positive actions add up to real change. That’s what movements are all about.
Not sure what kind of positive action you can take? Sherbro Foundation supports girls’ education and addressing extreme poverty in Sierra Leone. Here’s a list of actions you can take to help us help the people of Sierra Leone.
Help promote Sherbro Foundation’s work in your personal network
- Like us on Facebook. Then share a SF news item to your Friends saying you support this work.
- Like a post on www.sherbrofoundation.org. Send a Comment on why this work is important.
- If you use Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Stumbleupon, etc. – share a Sherbro Foundation post
- Speak out: Letter to the Editor or article – your organization newsletter or local media
Connect us with others that might want to support a project
- Advocate for us with: Churches doing mission & outreach work; School public service projects; Civic & Professional groups funding nonprofit projects; Clubs holding charity Walks & Runs
- Host a Club program or salon for your circle of friends
- Investigate your Company’s corporate Foundation for nonprofit projects & how to apply Employee sponsorship usually needed
- Find used or in-kind donations for schools and children:
- Collect used baby clothes
- School supplies
- Sports shoes & sports equipment – a big need
- Educational videos (National Geographic, Planet Earth, etc.), Math tutorials, etc.
Be a Sherbro Foundation Volunteer
- Write a guest Blog post – why you care about Girls Education or other development issues
- We can use your skills
- Advise us on Nonprofit Marketing & Fundraising
- Consult with us on our Website – especially on use of WordPress & SEO
- Advise us on optimizing use of social media
- Produce a short video for our website
Donate to Sherbro Foundation projects www.sherbrofoundation.org/donate/
- Send a girl to school with a uniform – $30
- Sponsor a vegetable farmer to get back on her feet with fast growing cash crops – $50
- Seed & fertilizer for a half acre vegetable garden + bag of rice to feed family now
- Give in honor of someone special – birthday, Mother’s Day, memorial, special day
- Support other projects www.sherbrofoundation.org/about-us/projects/