Give a gift or memorial that changes someone’s life
Give a gift that’s memorable. Instead of the usual birthday, anniversary, Mother’s Day or holiday gift, why not give someone the experience of changing another person’s life for years to come. We gratefully accept memorials to honor a loved one’s memory.
Use the DONATE button, top right. On mobiles, scroll down. Put your gift choice from below in the special instructions with the name & address (or email address) of the person receiving the gift. We’ll send a gift acknowledgement describing the impact their gift makes. For example: #1 Jane Doe, 311 Main St, Anywhere, OH 45111. For multiple gifts, send all giftee info to email@example.com.
A small donation goes a long way in rural Sierra Leone
#1 $35 or more — Plant trees. Send girls to school.
* A fruit tree bears more than fruit. It sends girls to school each year for years to come.
#2 $20 — Never too late to learn
* Put school dropouts back in classes learning. They’ll catch up to enter further vocational training or gain skills to build their small business. Others learn to read and write for the first time.
#3 $50 — Computer skills for the 21st century
* Give students their first computer training. A computer instructor’s monthly stipend covers a class for 30, giving students a jump on wage-paying job skills for the 21st century.
#4 $75 — Growing self-reliance for women farmers
* With seed and a large drying tarp, a woman farmer grows peanuts as a cash crop that doubles her income. We add a 100 lb. bag of rice to feed her family before her harvest.
#5 $100 — Boost past barriers to graduation
* Help students pass their senior high entrance exams. Pay a teacher’s wages for a month of after-school classes that prepare 75 girls to advance to senior high school.
#6 $250 — Continue on to a career
* Provide vocational training support and a young woman can continue on to a career like community health nursing or teaching. Armed with skills, she’ll land a reliable job and regular income.